Saturday, March 3, 2007

STARTING TO FEEL LIKE HOME!!

It has been a pretty good few days. I went to the HopeKeepers meeting Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I really didn't feel like going, had decideded NOT to go, but God kicked me out of my chair about 15 minutes before the meeting and made me go! I am glad He did and glad I listened to him. I met Debra and Barb and really enjoyed talking to them and getting to know them. I had dinner with Debra tonight and really enjoyed getting out and having some company!

I went to see my neurologist today. He is going to try to cut down on my prednisone a little. I am glad but at the same time, I get really nervous. Everytime we try to go down on the dosage, I start having trouble breathing. He is going to take it real slow so hopefully things will go well. It usually takes about 5 days or so before I can really tell if I am going to have problems. Hopefully not this time! I was supposed to be on this drug for about 3 weeks and it has been 10 years!!! Time to get off of it - the side-effects are horrible! Hopefully this is the time!!

I am really starting to feel at home more and more here in Morgantown and become more convinced everyday that I made the right decision in moving here. God really led me here, every step of the way. He is so awesome!! I am starting to make friends and feel like I really do have people who care - and who I care about! Even though I have friends in other places, it feels so good to start having friends here and feel like I belong! God's love is truly unbelievable!

~~Never Silent~~

A loving heart, a gentle smile, a warm and tender touch
We give so many things in life but nothing means as much.

A little inspiration when one loses hope,
A kind word of encouragement when they no longer seem to cope
A simple phrase, "I love you"when no one else is there
Taking hold onto a hand in a little heartfelt prayer.

Love is never silent. It has so much to say,
And it is our greatest blessing when we give it all away

Author Unknown

2 comments:

LisaC said...

Deb,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the HopeKeepers meeting. I just wanted to let you know, as the founder of HopeKeepers/Rest Ministries, I used to bawl before my own meetings I was leading.

I was wiped out, feeling totally inadequate, and just didn't know if I really wanted to sit around and talk about aches and pains.

Thankfully, I had a good friend to call who would pray for me... and I would listen to her and God and get there... I always left feeling completely refreshed. That reminds me of "He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

Just wanted to say hi and let you know we're all in it together.

Lisa Copen
http://www.restministries.org

debbie said...

Thank you so much for your support. I have already made friends in Hopekeepers and I am so glad I found this group! It has already made a big difference in my life!