Saturday, December 16, 2006

FEELING A LITTLE BETTER, FEELING TRULY BLESSED!!!

I am feeling a little better today. I finished my treatments yesterday, thank goodness!! They went okay but having some problems with the increase of steroids. But the medicine (yes, another medicine) the doc gave me yesterday for those problems seem to be helping.

I felt good enough to meet my daughter for brunch today before she went to work. We had a nice time together. On the way to the restaurant we had both passed a homeless man on the side of the road. She brought it up first to me but I had also seen him. We decided to go get him some lunch and take it to him before she went to work. She has such a heart for that and it makes me very proud. He said he was very hungry and was very appreciative. We hope to be able to do it on a regular basis. There seems to be more people in need around here lately, or maybe we are just noticing more. It truly makes me feel so grateful for everything I have - even though sometimes I feel like I have lost so much, I truly am so very, very blessed!!!


"If you want to life yourself up, lift up someone else."
Booker T. Washington

No comments: